With Christmas break just around the corner, this is the perfect opportunity to spend some time getting digital ready and learning about some new and interesting technologies.
Over the upcoming weeks, before Christmas, the Learning Technology Development Team have scheduled some fantastic sessions to get you up to speed with the latest technologies and support you with teaching and learning activities.
We understand that this is a busy time of year and in response have a variety of opportunities for staff development, including: live sessions, pre-recorded sessions, LinkedIn Learning Courses, online staff development toolkits and more.
Attending a live session with one of our team gives staff the opportunity to engage in discussion, ask questions and share ideas with other colleagues. Upcoming sessions include:
- Achievements within the Blackboard, planning, implementing and monitoring – Thursday 12th November 12pm-1pm
- Using Blackboard Collaborate with Students – Monday 16th November 12pm-1pm and Friday 4th December 12pm-1pm
- Turnitin Dropbox set-up & Troubleshooting for Department Administrators – Tuesday 17th November 11am-12pm
- Getting Started with Panopto: Basic Setup – Tuesday 17th November 11am-12pm
- Vevox: Adding Interaction to online, hybrid and in person sessions – Monday 16th November 12pm-1pm and Tuesday 17th November 1pm-2pm
- Using Microsoft Teams with Students (Part 3) – Wednesday 18th November (1pm-2pm)
- Microsoft Teams (Part 1) – Thursday 19th November 11am-12pm
- Microsoft Teams (Part 2) – Thursday 19th November 2pm-3pm
- Making Documents Accessible – Tuesday 24th November 2pm-3pm
- How to Deliver Engaging and Creative Presentations Online – Wednesday 25th November 1pm-2pm
- Digital Tools to Facilitate a Flipped Classroom – Tuesday 1st December 1pm-2pm
- Using Padlet to Facilitate Discussion and Interaction with Students – Thursday 3rd December 12pm-1pm
- Getting Assessment and Grade Centre Ready – Friday 4th December 12:30pm-1:30pm
If you can not attend a live event or want to work through a session at your own pace, we have pre-recorded a range of sessions. These pre-recorded sessions can be found on LTDs Training and Consultation page – https://go.edgehill.ac.uk/display/ls/Training+and+Consultation
Another valuable resource for staff development is LinkedIn Learning. LinkedIn Learning is an online learning platform which contains a wide variety of courses on topics including business, management, design, photography, IT, marketing, media and much more.
As part of the My Staff Development offer, within each of the pathways you will find a range of LinkedIn Learning courses we have recommended. These have further been categorized into the framework of Build, Develop and Enhance.
Online Staff Development Toolkits
We understand the importance of moving teaching and learning online, so in response to staff needs and seeking to enhance digital skills, Library & Learning Services have developed bespoke toolkits for staff to independently work through.
These toolkits aim to develop your digital skills and provide a greater awareness of the resources, services and support available to you.
View the toolkits by clicking on the image below.