What to do with your summer

Whatever you decide to do with your summer it’s important to make the most of your time off. Definitely do some serious relaxation, but don’t forget there are other ways you can spend your holidays which will give a real boost to University applications, personal statements or your CV.

Searching for a part time job takes a lot of patience, but if you stay determined, know your options and know where to look, it’s very achievable. There’s a whole host of websites out there giving you tips about how to find summer jobs, lists upon lists of money making opportunities and ways to get by as a student. Money Saving Expert has been my saviour over the past year!

Boost Your Income: 60+ ways to bring in extra cash

If you’re just starting the UCAS process now and planning on applying to universities next year, try and get as many experiences as you can related to the courses you are interested in. Before you know it your personal statement will be dressed to impress. Make yourself unique and stand out from the crowd. An admissions tutor looks through hundreds of personal statements each day – make yours individualistic and convince them that you’ve worked hard to ensure your place on the course is guaranteed.

Now is your time to get involved. Get some work experience or volunteer! This summer I’m helping out at the school I spent my placement at. Not only do I get to see my year 3’s smiley faces again, it’s a brilliant opportunity to boost my CV, along with my confidence in teaching.

So pour yourself an ice cold summery drink, and start planning your future!