Moving out

I’ve packed up everything I own into boxes, bags and suitcases, and I’ve locked up and handed in my keys. But the saddest part is how many goodbyes I’ve had to say (only until my second year though). Yep… I have officially moved out of the halls of residence.

Nine months ago I moved in to Elm, Forest Court. These halls aren’t the most expensive, but not the cheapest either. I opted for a shared bathroom and so I paid £69 per week. It may not be as luxurious as some of the most modern accommodation we have on campus (like Graduates and Founders) but it suited me just fine. I decided I’d rather have £30 per week to spend extra, rather than a swanky TV, en suite and mini fridge in my room. To be honest, I’m not a very materialistic person. It doesn’t take much to keep me happy and I knew that wherever I lived on campus I’d make some brilliant friends.

The social side of halls made my first year unforgettable. In my flat (or ‘cluster’) there were 6 of us and after living with each other for 9 months we’ve become really close now. It’s silly to think that when I first started university I was worried about making new friends! I’ve met some absolutely fantastic people.

So after an exciting, difficult, amazing and extremely fun first year of uni, bring on year 2.