Teaching Placement

I can’t believe how far into the course we are already. As I study Primary Education, it is almost time to start our placement. Each year we get to experience teaching in an outstanding primary school specifically chosen by Edge Hill. We will be working amongst professionals who can help to develop our skills and confidence in teaching – not forgetting the children who we will be working with too. I am so excited to get started

Yesterday we found out where we will be located for our placement, and which year group in the school. I’ll be placed in Southport (quite close to Ormskirk) which means I’ll be travelling in each day on the bus. I’m in a year 4 class! I’m so excited, I’ve never taught in lower key stage 2 before (years 3 and 4). Before I went to Edge Hill (and especially before my university interview) I managed to get experience with year 1, 2 and 5. I needed to really, just to ensure I would get a place on the course. Edge Hill’s teaching course (along with other universities) ask that applicants have some experience within schools before they start the course. Not only does it show that you are confident to work with children, it also ensures that teaching is a career you’ve chosen and thought about carefully. In other words, you aren’t just going to start the course and give up after a week, realising it really isn’t the job for you.

Placement starts in mid-March… in just under 3 weeks. I will keep you updated!