Not-so-scary interviews, and exploring Edge Hill

Hey everyone, I’m back.

After what seems like a month of non-stop work, the work continues. I am throwing myself into the course. So far, five assignments down… three to go. Then comes placement, where I get to spend six weeks in a primary school. Excited doesn’t cover it.

Lately I’ve been doing lots of student guiding, where I help out with events Edge Hill host for applicants and prospective students (like open days, applicant visit days, campus tours, accommodation tours, interview days and so on). So if you’ve come to visit us recently you might have been fortunate enough to see me wearing a spectacular bright green bib. With all the sarcasm in the world intended, it really is a beautiful accompaniment to any outfit. However if you are interested in seeing the campus, touring the accommodation available, getting a feel for the university, or simply seeing these infamous green bibs, come along to an open day or any one of our monthly campus tours (held on the first Wednesday of each month). If you spot me, say hello! They are excellent opportunities to get to know Edge Hill. Remember, even if you are visiting for an interview, it is important to ensure the university is right for you. Explore, compare and most importantly ask questions. This is your time to be nosey, and rightfully so.

Being able to help during interview days has also given me a chance to see who could be joining the university next year. I’ve met some lovely people, all who I wish the best of luck to. Seeing new (slightly nervous/anxious) faces around Edge Hill reminds me of last year when I went through the interviewing process. I just want to remind you all that the interviews are no way near as bad as you might be imagining. If there is one thing you should remember, remember this:

When you are being interviewed, universities are not trying to search for imperfections. They aren’t looking to criticise you. You interviewer will encourage you to show just how great you are. They want to find all your positive traits, and what you can bring to the course.

I hope to see you soon. Don’t forget you can find me on Twitter, @LouiseEHU. As for interviews, don’t worry. Try your best. And smile!