Assignment de-stress

Finally, after what felt like mountains of work, I have finished my first assignment. At the end of last week I said goodbye to my 1,500 words and handed it in to be scrutinised by my tutor. Despite the hard work and stress towards the deadline it was all worth it for the great sense of pride I got after completing it. As the first of many, my assignment gave me a taste of what the next 3 years are going to entail.

Now being a student of 2 months I can truly say I am completely, entirely, 100% settled in. I absolutely love Edge Hill and I’m very proud to call it my home. It isn’t just the course, or the campus; but the students, lecturers and tutors who make the atmosphere so lovely too. I feel a real part of the community and there are friendly faces everywhere I go. What was once a distant idea of university, I now see as my home.

I’m quite excited for tomorrow. As a Student Guide for Edge Hill I get to work by sharing my experiences of university with those interested in coming here. Tomorrow I am visiting a sixth form to talk all about Primary Education here at Edge Hill and why I believe it to be such a fantastic course. I’m a little nervous to present all on my own to a big group of people, but I guess wanting to be a teacher means I’ll need to step up and be confident a lot in the future. So really, it’s a challenge I’m eager to try. It could either go flawlessly, or I could trip and fall flat on my face in front of a whole year group. We’ll just have to see (I’m praying for the first option).

As for now, I’m off to have a meal with my flatmates at a restaurant in town. The makings of a lovely evening.

Louise x