Blackboard 9.1 will be upgraded from Sunday 26th November 2017 (11:30 pm) until Monday 27th November 2017 (11:30 am). This is an important system upgrade to enable the new Box View to replace Crocodoc for Blackboard Assignment marking.
During the upgrade window the whole Learning Edge system will be unavailable, we therefore advise you to make some preparations to reduce any impact:
– If you need to refer to online materials in your Blackboard course during the upgrade window, you can download those materials in advance to your computer, laptop, or mobile device.
– If your course utilises recorded lectures and sessions you can download those recordings in advance of the weekend upgrade. You can then watch these recordings on your computer, tv, or mobile device.
– If you expect you will need to view data from your course’s Blackboard Grade Centre you can download it to an excel file. This allows you to view the data whilst Blackboard is unavailable;
– If, during the upgrade window, you will need to refer to student submissions in Turnitin, you can download the files in advance for offline viewing;
– If you need to refer to submissions using the Blackboard Assignment Feature you may download them in advance for offline viewing.
You can find out more about the changes to Blackboard and the reasons for the upgrade on the Learning Edge Blog blogs.edgehill.ac.uk/learningedge/
We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause you. If you have any questions regarding this, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org