This month the Faculty of Health & Social Care (FoHSC) – with the added support of their Senior SOLSTICE Fellow (Laura Taylor) – introduced a brand new resource to provide its staff with the latest in e-learning tools and resources to help deliver ‘technology enhanced learning’ to its students.
The Digital Productivity Lab is a quiet work space for all FoHSC staff that gives access to every available e-learning resource within the institution, including the provision of audio and video peripherals. Located next to the main reception within the faculty building, the lab offers services exclusive to both academic and support staff within the faculty. FoHSC staff can either book the lab to work independently or to schedule private bespoke 1-2-1 sessions with one of their Faculty Learning Technology Development Officers (LTDOs).
The Digital Productivity Lab currently offers all FoHSC staff a shared platform to….
- …the latest technology enhanced learning software to build engaging and exciting learning resoruces (Panopto, iSpring and Office Mix).
- …an array of multimedia and HD recording equipment (both audio and video).
- …iOS & Android mobile devices to plan and develop ‘Bring Your Own Device’ (BYOD) sessions.
To help faculty staff identify key people, places and processes currently in place. Learning Services and Laura Taylor have collaboratively developed a TEL Community reference tool (see below) to support staff who wish to seek support from specific advocates and enablers.
- For independent use: Please contact the Customer Services Team (Ext 7050) via the main reception to book the lab.
- For 1-2-1 LTDO sessions: Appointments can be arranged via email or telephone on the following:
Learning Technology Development Officer (Undergraduate Programmes)
Learning Technology Development Officer (Postgraduate Programmes)
* Please contact at least one week in advance to secure your preferred time and date.