Please make a note in your diaries. On May 2nd 2017 our eShare repository will be upgraded to the latest version of the core ePrints repository software. We have been informed that for 48 hours, the repository will be ‘at risk’. Access to the repository will be frozen, therefore staff will be unable to upload or edit resources, however, it will continue to provide access to resources as read only. The upgrade will begin on the morning of the 2nd May and should be completed by the end of 3rd May.
We wanted to provide advance warning as the there will be an element of disruption and apologise for any inconvenience but hope the new features within the upgrade will be beneficial for staff.
Along with some workflow and interface changes the upgrade will feature:
- Improved video and audio playback using a HTML 5 player for cross browser and greater device support.
- Inline Previews – Updated inline previews of video, audio, PDF’s and office based documents, removing the need to download the file first.
- Version Control – Versioning of documents now provides a true visible catalogue of uploaded documents to your resource within eShare.
- Creative Commons 4.0 – Apply the latest creative commons licences to your work to permit use, reuse or redistribution by others.
- Share your learning materials quickly and easily with anyone with a simple submission and lightweight metadata collection
- Upload any type of file (Video, Audio, Images, Powerpoint, Word, Zip, iSpring etc.)
- Use tags and collections to organise your learning materials according to their subject matter
Rachel Bury – Learning Services Academic Liaison Manager