Applications for the Digital Student Internship are now open!

If you have an interest in technology, want to improve your employability skills and learn about new digital tools then we want to hear from you.

The digital internship is a 10 week paid programme which will involve working alongside academics and students from other departments to update and evaluate course areas within Blackboard Ultra (Learning Edge).

As part of the internship, students will have an exciting opportunity to attend the first Ultra Knowledge Exchange conference on the 6th June, where guests will hear from Blackboard developers and discover new features that are coming to Blackboard Ultra in September 2023.

To apply for the Student Digital Internship, which begins on the 5th June 2023 visit the Edge Hill Jobs page. Applications close on April 7th 2023.

If you would like any extra support or help with your application you can take advantage of the new digital video interview platform Shortlist.ME to help practice your video interview skills and techniques and there is plenty of support available on the careers interview support page.

In addition to this, Careers have also made a session called “How to plan and prepare for video interviews” which takes place on Thursday 20th April from 2-3pm in Oak, Third Floor Catalyst.

Students can book via this link- https://careers.edgehill.ac.uk/leap/event.html?id=3003&service=Careers

Students can also use the Ask a Question function to have their application checked before submission. 

Jordan Carruthers – Digital Intern 2022

Jordan was a student intern with us in 2022 and worked alongside staff in the Faculty of Education, working on various projects such as improving accessibility and course creation in the new version of Blackboard (Learning Edge)

Here’s what he had to say on taking part in the internship:

“This internship has allowed me to build my skills and knowledge that I can use towards my PGCE in Primary Education and hopefully in my career choice of becoming a Primary school teacher.

“I definitely feel like this internship has given me the opportunity to build my confidence and has allowed me to communicate much more effectively.

“Since starting the internship to where I am now I feel I have come a long way.”

To find out more about what the internship could mean for you, have a listen to the rest of Jordan’s video on his experience of taking part in the internship.