Hi, I’m Reece, and I am a student at Edge Hill University and a Student Intern within the Faculty of Education (FoE).

How is there only five weeks left to the internship? I’m not sure how it has gone so fast, but I definitely don’t want it to end.

This will be quite different from any other piece I have written as I will explain why working with a great team has made me more motivated, confident, and engaged in work.

Balloons

Let’s start with the FoE team…

The FoE team are brilliant, and I don’t think I have a bad thing to say about any of them. Every morning we have a team meeting to discuss our work and deadlines. However, we also end up chatting about the next Marvel film or how I don’t like chocolate but sometimes drink a Mocha. The endless conversations and the laughs we cherish are what makes the internship so much more fun.

Neon lights saying 'say cheese'

Ailsa, you are a dream to work with, and I can honestly say that the team would be lost without you. You make our meetings more engaging, and I’m sure I have been told a new story from your life every time we organise a Microsoft Teams meeting. Thank you for being the mum of the group.

Harry, I’m not sure where to start, but I do want to say sorry for always annoying you. However, you are very hard-working. You deserve a reward for all the tasks you have completed during the internship. Calm.

Amy, you are really kind-hearted, and I always appreciate it when we work together because not only are we a great team, but we are always laughing together. Although you were quiet at the beginning of the internship, we now can’t get you to be quiet. You bring positivity to the team, and I am grateful for that. Thank you.

Sharnie, you definitely bring creativity to the team. All your engaging tasks are very enjoyable, especially the Escape Room that I completed in only 6 minutes (hehe). You are always smiling, and like the rest of the team, your positivity radiates through our Teams meetings. When you return to Ormskirk, you are definitely coming for a drink.

Faye, every time you speak, I just visualise how happy you were on your 60 seconds with Faye video. Them jazz hands will definitely be one of the highlights of the internship. You are always smiling and are always there to help the rest of us when we are struggling.

And Emma, you are so hard-working, and I think the team would be lost without you. Thank you for completing that huge spreadsheet task with Amy, but make sure you don’t open Microsoft Excel for another few weeks, or you will go insane.

Well, that is the FoE Interns in a nutshell. We are all very different, but I think we work well as a team. I have made some really good friends, and even last weekend we had a fantastic day together. The FoE team has helped me improve my communication skills and become more confident and engaged in work. You are all fantastic people, so thank you.

So now, the Vlog-Blog Squad Wellbeing team. After the initial meeting, Eleanor, Amber, and I joined forces and set up a meeting to discuss ideas. Now we produce so much content every week, and I have learnt so much from you. However, after a few meetings, we suddenly got a new member, Lydia, who has been so fun to work with (p.s. you still need to make a TikTok). Eleanor, you are so kind and considerate of everyone. Even the well-being session you created was so thoughtful. Amber, you are the most creative because Lydia “doesn’t have a creative bone in her body” (your words Lydia, not mine). Amber, thank you for helping me with my Vlog and just always being friendly and chatty. Finally, Lydia, thank you for being supportive. Although you joined late, you are definitely a great addition to the team.

Now, all the staff. Sarah, you are a bundle of joy, and you always light up our team meetings. Thank you for being so supportive and always making sure we are comfortable in the roles and tasks you assign. Thank you, Laura and Leah, for giving me this opportunity and providing a support system where I feel comfortable asking any question.

Thank you to everyone that has made me smile. 🙂 I am looking forward to meeting the rest of the interns when we go out in September.

I hope you have enjoyed reading this.

Photograph of people sitting around a campfire

By Reece Thomas (Student Intern)

Picture of Reece Thomas.