What is LinkedIn Learning?
LinkedIn Learning is an online skills development website ran by LinkedIn.
All the courses are developed by experts. It provides an extensive library of online training videos and exercise files for users to be able to develop their skills further.
LinkedIn Learning is a free service for any student with a @edgehill.ac.uk email address and can be linked with your own personal LinkedIn account too.
Many of the courses the University offers have Linkedin Learning courses that complement the module to allow you to further study and helps encourage self-learning.
Why use LinkedIn Learning?
LinkedIn Learning can offer users the chance to:
- Develop digital skills
- Keep up to date with training
- Further develop professional skills
- Encourages Self-learning
- Flexible around your lifestyle
- Provides you with a history of courses you have took/skills
- Encourages career development
- Encourages professional development
- Lots of course to go alongside your degree!
Courses to help you land your prefect job
Maybe you are looking for something new, maybe you have new goals, new opportunities you want to apply to help you find that exciting new job you have always wanted. To help with this we are presenting you with many of the best LinkedIn Learning courses which not only helped us but the millions of professionals that got hired last year. It is always important to brush up on your interview and CV skills and this is what many of the professionals generally focused on, first impressions matter. Getting your CV and interview stage done correctly sets yourself up for a much better chance in the hiring process as it allows your skills to stand out above the rest.
Interview and CV courses
- Expert Tips for Answering Common Interview Questions by Jenny Foss, LinkedIn Learning Instructors, and Linda Raynier
- Effective Listening by Tatiana Kolovou and Brenda Bailey-Hughes
- Creating Great First Impressions by Vanessa Van Edwards
- Resume Makeover by Jenny Foss
- Mastering Common Interview Questions by Valerie Sutton
There is also a course on LinkedIn Learning called Career Advice from Some of the Biggest Names in Business. It consists of collective advice from some of the world’s most influential thinkers, leaders, and innovators. They have run some of the biggest companies, created the biggest and most loved brands and changed the world. This course brings together the best insights from interviews with LinkedIn Influencers such as Richard Branson, Bill Gates, Meg Whitman and many more.
However, you need to do more than just get the interview questions right. You will need to demonstrate that you have the skills for the specific job. Especially nowadays with the ongoing pandemic, skills such as software development, marketing, project management and data analysis are all in demand, and software such as Excel and Microsoft Teams are becoming common knowledge as we all come to terms with working from home. Therefore, it is important for applicants to watch these courses to not only brush up on any new skills they might offer but to stay updated on new developments within the industry allowing you to stay ahead of the competition.
Here are our top recommendations for LinkedIn Learning courses for your departments:
- Programming Foundations: Fundamentals by Annyce Davis
- Programming Foundations: Algorithms by Joe Marini
- Programming Foundations: Databases by Scott Simpson
- Social Media Marketing Foundations by Brain Honigman
- Digital Marketing Foundations by Brad Batesole
- SEO Foundations by David Booth
- Learning LinkedIn for Students by Oliver Schinkten
- Excel Essential Training (Office 365/Microsoft 365) by Dennis Taylor
- Microsoft Teams Essential Training by Nick Brazzi
- The Six Morning Habits of High Performance by Pete Mockaitis
More information and support with LinkedIn Learning can be found here – https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/ls/linkedinlearning/
By Katie McCarthy and Daniel Bresnahan