We’re pleased to announce that Qwickly Attendance for Blackboard will receive a fairly big update on Wednesday 18th January. The update is better known as version 3.6 and is jam packed with some really exciting new features which we think you’ll like a lot. Here is an exhaustive list of things that have been included.
- Registers can now be split (click for user guide) by using the Blackboard group’s tool. This features allows instructors split a single register into as many groups as they like.
- Instructors can now name ‘Student Check-In’ Sessions like other sessions.
- Instructors can now choose to show disabled and unavailable students in the attendance record. These students will still be hidden from the taken attendance screen and always receive and excused for any dates attendance is taken while they are not active in the course.
- Unavailable students are now marked as excused instead of absent when taking attendance.
Student Check In Enhancement:
- Absent emails are now sent to absent students when using student check-in.
General Interface & Data Enhancements:
- A new streamlined tabbed interface.
- Excel export (CSV) improvements now show the title of the session, if it was given.
- The method of taking attendance is now recorded (i.e. Manual, Student Check-In).
- Users can now click the heading of a column to see more details about the session (including the method of taking attendance and the date it was taken), as well as renaming the column or deleting it.
This is probably the biggest and best update yet, which also makes it a good time to take a look at Qwickly Attendance for your course or module and give it a try! Feel free to email [email protected] or phone us on Ext 7754 and we’d be more than happy to answer any questions.
We hope you enjoy the new features!
Learning Technology Development Officer