We know that online attendance management for Blackboard Learn has been on your radar recently. We’re very happy to announce this week a new reliable, secure and efficient online attendance platform that ticks the box (literally). Let me introduce, ‘Qwickly Attendance’. Qwickly will enable all staff to easily record/track (and grade – optional) student attendance in Blackboard, also allowing for students to self-check-in if required.
Attendance can be recorded in the Grade Centre – Qwickly will maintain a running total of a set number of points per attendance. The attendance data is presented in one of two styles – ‘list’ that is like a traditional register, or one student name at a time. You can also change previous registrations to correct mistakes. Perhaps the most significant feature is that students can ‘self-register’ – using a dynamic and secure 4 digit code that will allow students to enrol via their phones, tablets or laptops – and within a timed window that you determine.
Here is a snapshot of the main features:
- All student attendance data is securely stored within Blackboard Learn.
- Automatic grading via the ‘Grade Centre’ to keep a running grade for each student.
- Student check-in (Optional adding a generated security code or a specific time period).
- Email alerts: Qwickly attendance can send an email to students when they are marked as absent for the day.
- Qwickly allows students to see when they have been present and when they haven’t.
- All data can be exported to CSV (Microsoft Office Excel).
- Add or amend past dates to any attendance record.
We are currently developing both staff setup and management guides for Qwickly, so watch out for new guide updates over the coming weeks. Before you take the tool for a test drive in your test area, why not watch the YouTube demonstration video provided below from Qwickly to fully experience the tool.
As we approach the end of this academic year, Qwickly hope to implement more new functions periodically. As always staff and students are the main stakeholders of these types of technology and staff input is very valuable to us in this area! We would certainly welcome your suggestions for greater functionality. So please let us know if you can identify any requirements or new features that could enhance the product to your department/course needs!
Feel free to email [email protected] or phone us on Ext 7754 and we’d be more than happy to answer any questions or just get in touch if you would simply like to know more!
Learning Technology Development Officer