I developed a great way of creating links to YouTube and similar sites that works well for desktop and mobile users. Just use a Web Link with a description.
Here are the steps:
- Get the URL link for the video from YouTube. For example you could try it with our ‘Learning Edge Welcome Video‘
- Go to the Blackboard ‘Content area’ page that you want to add the link to
- Add a Web Link
- Paste the link in, and enter a suitable description
- In the description box, click the ‘Insert/Edit Embedded Media’ button (see image)
- Paste the URL into the File/URL box & click insert at the bottom of the page
The result is that desktop users see:
Mobile users get the web link too (Learning Edge Welcome Video) but don’t see the embedded picture. It works great – give it a go.
For further help and support on this or any others aspect of Learning Technology, please contact your faculty Learning Technologist: Learning Technology Development Division Contacts.