LTD recently purchased a mammoth of a microphone to help with recordings of screen casts and other materials and also to offer it to staff who are developing their own content for teaching and learning.
The Yeti Pro microphone, manufactured by the legendary Blue Microphones, is a stunning microphone to record with giving clear crisp recordings straight to your PC.
Now the techie bit…
- USB connection to PC
- 24 bit/192 kHz digital recording resolution with analog XLR output.
- Featuring three custom condenser capsules
- Four different pattern settings (Stereo, Omni-directional, Cardoid and Bidirectional,
- A-D converter chip and separate analog circuit path for use with professional studio mixers and preamps.
- Built-in headphone amplifier for zero-latency monitoring
- Direct controls for headphone volume, pattern selection, mute, and microphone gain.
Basically this means that for whatever purpose you have in mind for your audio recording, you’ll be able to find the best setting for the job but most commonly you’ll probably be using it to record yourself, so the cardioid setting will do just fine.
With the availability of USB this makes it super quick and simple to plug in and use (after installing a small USB driver – but we’ve already put this on the hot desks in the LTD office and on the screen casting laptop!)
The quality really is top notch, so if you fancy giving it a try to raise your game with your screen casts, come visit LTD and we’ll get you on the right track.
Learning Technology Development Officer