Following the recent JAVA 7 update 51 release (14th January 2014) some users who downloaded and installed the update may now need to clear their JAVA cache in order to use some of the Blackboard Tools (Multiple File Upload, Virtual Classroom and Chat).
To clear your JAVA cache follow these instructions:
(Please note these instructions are a guide only and are targeted for Windows 7 with JAVA 7 update 51)
1. Click on the start button and search for ‘Configure Java’.
2. Select the Configure Java icon under the Programs section:
3. In the Java Control Panel, choose the Settings button in the Temporary Internet Files section:
4. In the Temporary Files Settings panel Choose the Delete Files button.
5. In the Delete Files and Applications panel make sure all options are selected and click OK.
The process can take a few minuets, but once complete the panel will close and you can click OK on the remaining dialog boxes.
For further specific information about Blackboard 9.1 with JAVA 7 update 51, please see here.
We hope you find this guide useful and if you have any further questions regarding Blackboard 9.1 and JAVA 7 update 51 please email the LTD Team – LTDSupport@edgehill.ac.uk
Learning Technology Development Systems Officer