A bit about…

My name is Lauren McGowan and i am currently in my third year studying design for performance. You will usually find me being creative in the lair of the design studios in the performing arts department. If i’m not doing that i’m out and about in Ormskirk, nights out in Liverpool or having a nervous breakdown before a production.

Design for Performance encompasses costumes, installations, life drawing, stage design , visual theatre . Anything and everything that involves creativity. Over the past few years ive developed skills in model making, technical drawing, installation, mask making, puppetry, 17th century costume, publication design, event management…the list goes on!

I  would thoroughly recommend this course to anyone who is unsure of where to channel their creativity. The course offers a diverse range of skills with the opportunity to specialise on your preferred subject in third year.

This blog is aimed to give you an impression of my university life on and off campus. Nothing specific just things that will hopefully inspire you!

x