New Year and Christmas Eve

I’ve such a relaxed Christmas at home. I only live 40 minutes away from Edge Hill but its a rare occurrence that i come home to see the family. Getting home usually involves a train with 20 bags in tow or a pleasant phone call to a family member.

The advent of New Year is always a daunting prospect and new years eve is something I dread. You’ve either got 5 geographically challenging places to go all at once or youve got no plans at all ( and if this is such the case, this is when you need to start panicking). I cannot wait to get to the age where its acceptable to sit in and do absolutley nothing on such a pre-apocalyptic style evening. You spend 2 weeks flapping about the event, make a lot of promising resolutions which you then inevitably break when you fall drunk into the calorific chocolate fountain at 12.15. It costs too much, its anti-climatic and it reminds you that your are miserable and single.

In spite, the plan is to return to Liverpool, with a pre-fancy dress party in Wigan. I don’t live in Wigan or Liverpool so will need to think about hiring the magic carpet before the plans go ahead. The theme is ‘Pride and Prejudice’ so im getting my costume skills in place again and hopefully creating something fantastical . Liverpool is so close to Ormskirk so my house-mates and i ill be able to stay at home after all the antics!

I hope everyones has had a lovely Christmas and a wonderful New Year!

xxx