London and Olympics

Вітаю!

Everyone has been talking about the Olympics lately. I could hear the questions like “Have you seen the fight today?” or “Did you watch the match last night?” all the time. Unfortunately, I didn’t have the opportunity to watch Olympics due to my tight schedule and absence of a TV set (that fact benefits my studies a lot!). But I would like to acknowledge the importance of this event in my blog and tell you a little bit about the Olympic London.

My girlfriend came to visit me here in Edge Hill two weeks ago and out firs trip was to London, of course. On the train I was telling her the stories about busy London, which was going to be extremely busy and eventful during the Olympics. But as soon as we arrived I realised that it wasn’t so bad at all. Yes, the capital had loads of tourists in it, but it didn’t feel like you had to add one additional hour to your tube journey, if you wanted to arrive somewhere on time (at least the internet said so before the Olympics). I don’t know if it was the matter of all the people being in other places than we were or some kind of awesome infrastructure designed especially for the Olympics – the main thing was that it was comfortable in London.

Although we didn’t manage to get any tickets for the Olympic events, it was still good to be so close to the Olympics. As an international student I enjoy travelling a lot and getting new experiences all the time, so I felt brilliant being in the same spot with the entire world’s best sportspeople. I even took photos with some them, for example, with a former NBA-Star Dikembe Mutombo, whom I met by chance sightseeing near the Buckingham Palace. The overall experience of being in Olympic London was astonishing and left a lot of nice memories.

Today’s blog will not be devoted to some important topic. I just wanted to share with you my little Olympic experience. However, if we think about it, it all goes down to the importance of using every opportunity one may have to see the world, get knew knowledge and experiences or even just take some time to relax and enjoy one’s life. I guess, these are some of the building blocks that you should use to build your nature…

“Every moment is an experience.”

–         Jake Roberts.