All over…for now!

So, I finished uni for first year completely last Wednesday at 10:30am when my exam finished! And yet, I have still been on campus most days! As you can probably guess from that, there have been a few things going on here since classes and exams have finished:

• First Year Transition Meeting

This was a meeting which the Computing Department held straight after our exam to talk to us about what we should expect from second year and need to do over the summer to prepare. I know you might not expect to have “summer homework” from university, but its not really that…its more just things to practice really…like not stopping programming for 4 months!!

• New York Trip!

Its now less than a week until I go to New York with the university too, which is no doubt going to be an amazingย trip! Its still going to be running next year as far as I know, so I’ll post again about it when I get back, but so far I’d definitely say if you get the chance to go, do it!

• Peter Tatchell Event

As you might have seen from my post a while ago, Peter Tatchell came in to give a talk titled “The Unfinished Battle For LGBT Rights”. This went really well, and we had about 100 people who attended!

LGBT+ Society_Peter Tatchell Event

Some of the LGBT+ Society at the Peter Tatchell Event

• IDAHO

This is International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia and Transphobia, which is today. At the moment, I’m sitting in the Hub with others from the LGBT+ society here at Edge Hill, encouraging people to submit “Post Secrets” to us (give it a search if you don’t know what it is) and generally raising awareness ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ll probably post some pictures from this once I have some ๐Ÿ™‚

Well, that’s it for now. Good luck with exams if you have any this week, and don’t panic too much!