This is goodbye….

Well…. This is my final blog for Edge Hill University.

I come to the end of summer and I am writing my final blog…

So, on the 17th of August I got a phone call from a school in the isle of wight inviting me to attend an interview the following week… I was working at a language school in slough, so went down to Portsmouth and got a ferry across the Solent to the island.

I arrived at the school and was greeted by a lovely receptionist and instantly felt at home, just the way I felt three years ago when I turned up to an Edge Hill open day!

After a tour around the science department, I was interviewed by the head of science and the vice-principal… They then told me I could go home and that they would be in touch.

I got back on the ferry and headed back for the mainland, as we got into the car to get off the ferry I received a phone call…. It was the head of science…. OFFERING ME THE JOB!!!

I could not believe it, it still doesn’t feel real… I start on the 10th September… So on the 8th September, I will become a resident of the isle of wight!! I’m so excited but scared at the same time…

I can’t wait to start my NQT year and my Masters… It’s going to be an exciting year ahead!

The last three years at Edge Hill have been the best three years of my life, and I would urge anyone considering studying here to go for it… You won’t regret it!!

I have had three amazing years, with people I will never forget… It’s impossible to put into words how great my experience has been or how grateful I am for all of the help and support that I’ve received.

Finally, I want to thank you for following and reading my blogs over the past year. I am got to continue writing a blog as I enter into the world of being an NQT, if you would like to keep up to date with my first year as an NQT, then you can read my blogs at http://diaryofasciencenqt.wordpress.com/

Until next time,

Jen 🙂