My first day of full lessons…

I have just finished planning my lessons for Thursday and Friday, and I have to say… I’m definitely ready for bed now!

All this getting up at 6am for school and then working til 9pm sure is tiring me out, but I absolutely love being on placement. The school that I am in is really nice and I couldn’t have asked for a better science department – everyone is so friendly and supportive!

I have lessons with all of the teachers in the department and all of them have been really helpful in preparing me for the next 8 weeks of planning and teaching!

Today was my first day of full lessons, starting with 2 hours with year 10s and later an hour with the year 9s – one thing I quickly realised is that a stopwatch can be one of a teachers best vices! It’s amazing what holding a stopwatch in the air can do to a class who don’t want to be quiet while the teacher is talking!

I’ve had an absolutely fantastic first day of full lessons, and can’t wait for tomorrow! I’m really looking forward to doing more teaching from now, for the next 8 weeks and getting to know the kids (and even learning from them!)

I will leave it there for now,

Until next time,

Jen 🙂

One thought on “My first day of full lessons…