Being presentable…..

Presentation week for First year History Students. This is something you can all expect to be doing throughout your three years at Edge Hill. In this case we were asked to select a Historical figure from the 20th Century, & working in pairs to create a 15 minute presentation discussing their importance & impact on the world. This equates to 20 percent of the module grade & certainly breaks things up rather than doing only exams & essays as you would have probably done at college.

I chose to discuss Heinrich Himmler, the head of the SS as I’m sure many of you will know. I discussed his massive increase in power up until the early 40’s and debated whether he indeed became THE most powerful Nazi. Others chose to speak about Thatcher, Hitler, Churchill, Stalin, Bob Marley, Lennon, Castro – I myself learnt many things from watching the other presentations.

Although we were all a bit nervous to start with, it goes quite quickly & apparently by year 3 we will all be experts with no confidence issues so I am sure it will be the same for you!

Thanks for reading, as always get in touch with any questions  🙂

2 thoughts on “Being presentable…..

1. Simply wish to say your article is as surprising. The clearness in your post is simply excellent and i could
    assume you are an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission let me to grab your feed to keep updated with forthcoming post.
    Thanks a million and please continue the rewarding work.