Parking 2016-17

As we enter the new academic year, we are pleased to confirm that parking permit applications are now open for both staff and students and can be accessed via MyFM . Staff will need a valid payroll number and students will need to be enrolled on their course with a valid student number in order to apply.

Please remember that permits are issued subject to eligibility criteria which broadly relates to the distance you need to travel to access the campus and your proximity to local public transport options. Residential students (those who live on campus) are not normally eligible for a parking permit. Staff and students who can demonstrate they need their vehicle in order to undertake the requirements of their work or study can apply for a permit under ‘Special Circumstances’ and should follow the instructions to have this verified.

In terms of medical circumstances, only very limited mobility issues will be considered as exceptions. Campus users with long term mobility needs should apply for a National Disability Blue Badge and display this when accessing the campus, although, please note that accessible parking availability cannot be guaranteed.

Our Car Parking Statement 2016-17 provides information regarding the availability of parking on campus and reminds all campus users that this is extremely limited. We do not guarantee availability and during busy periods even permit holders may be turned away. You can find alternative travel options and details of local parking facilities at ehu.ac.uk/travel.

NEW FOR 2016-17 – Our new Car Share scheme allows two or more parking permit holders to book a reserved parking space via MyFM . This is the only way to guarantee a parking space on campus!

Full details on how the scheme works, including how to find a Car Share partner, are available at ehu.ac.uk/travel . Why not give it a try?

Facilities Management

For help or specific enquiries email: parking@edgehill.ac.uk

Published by

Danielle Doyle

Facilities Management Customer Services Team Leader

4 thoughts on “Parking 2016-17”

1. I am still awaiting my car parking pass for my third year of study. I followed the instructions and one of my tutors, Kath Morgan verified the link sent last month.
    I am currently working on the clearing lines and so need to park here, but I am mindful that my pass runs only until August ’16. Where I live is almost a mile from the nearest bus stop to Ormskirk and two miles from the train station. I would be grateful if you could issue my new pass as soon as possible.
    Thanks
    Rob

1. Hi Robert,

We will follow up and email you regarding your application separately.

Kind Regards, Danielle Doyle
      FM Customer Services Team Leader

1. Hi Debbie, I will respond to you separately so that we can look into your case.
      Thanks, Danielle Doyle,
      FM Customer Services Team Leader