Motivation 101

7 Key-Steps to Motivate and Inspire Your Team - Invista

Trying to keep motivated throughout your studies can be difficult and stressful. Especially during this time, most students were told to go home from March because of the pandemic and let’s be honest, it threw everyone. Specific assignments couldn’t be done, coursework had to be changed. It was just a panicked mess, but we coped with it. I know I struggled with keeping myself motivated to do work at Uni and at home. So I’ve researched into a few tips on how to keep on top of everything, whilst still enjoying your Uni life!

Create a Schedule

Whatever you’re trying to keep motivated with, whether that’s the working out or studying, keeping to a schedule is a great way to stick to it. I would suggest creating a weekly schedule with specific days and times in place to keep to those things. Whilst I was at Uni, I tried to keep a specific day and time for extra studying for a particular module. I also tried creating a plan for going to the gym, although that quickly failed.

Your Goals

Remembering why you’ve gone to University in the first place is a good way to keep yourself motivated. For most people it’s to better their future and get a career in something they’re really passionate about.

Healthy Balance is Key

The Motivating Power of Progress

Trying to find a balance between everything you do at Uni is key to keeping yourself motivated. This is so that you don’t burn yourself out too much concentrating on one thing. As an example, if you concentrate too much on studying you can find that you don’t put any free time in for yourself, which will just make you more stressed about the work.

Remember, everyone is going through the same thing when they start University. It may take just a little bit of time to adjust. But try to keep yourself motivated and you can achieve whatever you want to.

Signature for my posts. I end every post with a love heart

Ellis x