Open Day: What I Wish I Had Done Differently

When I was coming to Edge Hill for an Open Day I didn’t really know what to expect. It was the furthest University I had picked away from home, and I only found out about Edge Hill through a friend. I had no expectations of what it was going to be like, but I’m so lucky I did go as now I’m about to go into my third year and I love it here! Saying this though, within my University experience, there are some things I wish I did differently.

Check out the surrounding location

Time to give your views on the future of Ormskirk town centre ...

This is probably the thing I wish I did the most whilst choosing a University. It is important to check out the University first of course. But if you have some extra time, I do recommend seeing the surrounding location. This will give you a feel of what the place is going to be like living in. You’ll be able to see where the closest town centre is, if its near any cities, beaches, shopping centres etc. Edge Hill has a small town centre in Ormskirk, with a few shops including a few independent cafes. You can also get a train from Ormskirk straight into Liverpool in around 35 minutes.

Have a look all around Campus

Many people, myself included, go to to the main space, their course talk building, and one/two blocks of accommodation. Looking back on this now, I wished I had visited more of the space around campus as there is so much more to see.

Talk to more students

On the Open Days, there are so many students around to help you where you need to go. I would use them to your advantage and ask them about their lifestyle at the University, what they think is best etc. Just start to talk to as many people as you can to try and get a vibe of what other students think about the University.

I hope this will help in your upcoming open days!

Ellis x

Signature for my posts. I end every post with a love heart