Course Prep Part 2: TV and Film Production

When I made Edge Hill my top choice for University, I was constantly on the look out for how to prepare for my course. Here’s a few things I did before coming to Edge Hill to help settle my nerves, and make me more organised.

Course Information

Extra, extra! How to become an extra on TV - Saga

This is probably a bit of an obvious tip but, It’s a good idea to look into the course information that’s on the Edge Hill website. This will help give you an overview of what modules to expect, and also what ones you’re interested in at the moment. Reading this information will help calm your nerves as you wont be diving into the ‘unknown’, and it allows you a bit of time to research into that topic too. If you want to of course.

Blog Posts

Most Universities will have a blogging site, like Inside Edge. This is a great way to get an insight from a current students perspective about their life at University, their course, the location etc. The blog posts also allow you to comment on them and ask any questions you may have. For example, if you would like more information about TV and Film Production, you can leave a comment down below and I would be happy to answer any questions you have.

Readings

Plato's reading suggestions, episode 68 | Footnotes to Plato

When you start University, you’ll begin to realise that a lot of your lectures and seminars will want you to do readings. If you would like to get ahead before first year, you may be able to contact some course leaders to see what readings you’ll be looking into. This will help so much in the long run, and is a great way to get organised and prepared before University.

I hope this has given you guys a bit of inspiration to get prepared before coming to University. Hope you’re all staying well and safe.

Ellis x

Signature for my posts. I end every post with a love heart