Learn Something New | Skillshare Projects

Whilst in this strange situation, your mind might be running wild on how to keep yourself occupied. Being back at home can be hard too, as it’s lost part of my independence that I had whilst living at Uni. But, to try and keep busy, I’ve tried to do various activities and hobbies for my mental and physical health.

Here’s a few things you could do if you’re feeling unmotivated or bored at home in lockdown.

Exercise

Exercising is a good way to de-stress, and it also helps your physical health too. I’ve been trying to follow yoga routines that are on YouTube. Yes it is difficult, but it gets me up in the morning and ready for the day ahead.

Learn an Instrument

Why it's never too late to learn an instrument? | Coster Content

Learning an instrument is a great way to preoccupy your time. Look at YouTube for videos on your instrument of choice for techniques, starting from beginner. At the moment, I’ve tried picking piano back up as I used to do it back in Secondary school.

Bake /Cook

Baking and cooking are two of my favourite things to do at the moment. Due to all of this free time, I’m able to look through my Mum’s recipe books and create different dishes. I’m really into baking cookies and different cakes at the moment, so we have something in the cupboard ‘treat wise’ every week. We also do a thing in my family where each of us cooks at least one night a week.

Clean

The Spring Clean Checklist - SPM Window Cleaning

I know this may sound like a really horrible task but, its actually a really good way to cleanse. I started organising and giving my room a ‘spring clean’ when I got home from Uni. Throwing out clothes and removing items you don’t need can be a great way to make some money, or you can give some to charity. I’ve done this and made a bit of money and also donated to charity.

I hope this has given some of you ideas to make your time more enjoyable being in this lockdown. And I hope you’re all staying safe and well.

Signature for my posts. I end every post with a love heart

Ellis x