Post and parcels – Wrapping your head around getting your Amazon delivery.

Getting my deliveries was something I was confused by when getting ready to go to Edge Hill. As an avid Amazon orderer I usually had some kind of delivery every week back home, but prior to starting in September I wasn’t sure how that was going to work. If you’re in the same position however, worry not, I’m going to break it all down in this blog.

Let me paint the picture; you’ve moved into campus, you’ve been here a few days, you’ve been taking part in your Freshers week activities. Perhaps your room in the morning while getting ready is a little too warm, or you need to buy some academic textbooks so you bookmark important sections and keep one for your entire academic studies. What you will want to do is head to the Edge Hill Website and find your unique postcode first!

Screenshot from the Edge Hill website.

Once you’ve formatted your address as Edge Hill request it, you’re good to go to input the address into Amazon and begin shopping.

Now let us paint a new picture; a day or so has passed and you’ve received an email from titled “Post Received at Durning Centre”, you will learn to love this email. Whenever you receive this email it’s a call to arms to head to the Durning Centre and collect your mail. Where is the Durning Centre? Just behind the Catalyst, near the sports fields, it’s pretty hard to miss.

The Durning Centre, situated behind the Catalyst.

As of writing this blog, the Durning Centre is open only during weekdays, 7AM to 7PM, so if you’re using this blog for guidance in September, remember those are your holy hours for collecting the tat you order online.

Of course you’re not limited to just Amazon deliveries, in my first year I ordered clothes, makeup, many more things and had them delivered to the Durning Centre. Another great thing about Edge Hill’s mail system is as long as you give your family back home the correct address, they can send you things if coming to give them to you yourself is a little tough due to work schedule. I got my family to send me my PS4 at one point, and it arrived perfectly with no damage, and was handled well by the Durning Centre staff.

Getting used to the post system can be a bit confusing, but after your first time it becomes second nature. Just make sure you always remember your Unicard when collecting something!

Alice