Why I Chose Primary Education!

Hey everyone, as Thank a Teacher Day is fast approaching and with everything that teachers are doing for their students during this time I thought I would talk a little about why I chose to train to be a part of this amazing community of people.

When I was very young I had thought about how cool it would be to be a teacher who wouldn’t give their students homework and let them play all day instead of work because I can only imagine that was every child’s ideal teacher. It wasn’t until I was a little older did I start to see how much of an impact my teachers had on my everyday life and how much they cared for my achievement.

I started to forget about the idea of not giving my class homework and letting them play all day because I saw how much respect my classmates and I had for all my teachers throughout the years despite homework and mental mathematics books…I will never forget the mental maths…

Tes Maths: Maths4Everyone collection | Tes

Maths was always a huge struggle for me throughout my whole education but, I will always remember the immense amount of support I received from my teachers that really helped me cope with the difficulties. This is probably one of the biggest reasons why I want to be a primary educator because I want to be able to do the same for other children that come across struggles in their life whether it be academic or not. 

9,266 Super Woman Stock Vector Illustration And Royalty Free Super ...

Another huge reason why I chose the career path of being a teacher is because my mum has always been a primary teacher and I always loved hearing the stories she would tell me after school about what her students learnt that day. Seeing how much she loved it really inspired me to be just like her and start my own journey to be a teacher.

I hope that you enjoyed this! Teachers have always been important to me because of what they do for their students and I am very grateful that I have had the most amazing experiences with teachers and that I have chosen Edge Hill to complete my training!

“Not all superheroes have capes, some have Teaching Degrees.” 

-Unknown-