Finding your own Catalyst building.

Hey everyone, I hope that you are all staying safe at home and coping with everything. I dedicated this month of blogs to talking about studying at home, working from home and writing assignments at home and to finish it off I will be talking about finding the perfect place for you to study in the comfort of your own home while we wait to go back to normal.

The first piece of advice I would give you is to try and not use your room. When writing assignments and studying for exams, we tend to get stressed and a little overwhelmed (if you don’t please tell me your secrets) and all that energy is being released into your room where you are supposed to relax and sleep. I know that if I ever use my room for studying my sleep would not be very restful and so it is why I really try to avoid using my room for assignments and studying.

Find a place that is quiet (as quiet as you can get anyway) so that there is less chance of getting distracted. I know it is hard to find somewhere as quiet as the silent study in the catalyst but in times like these we have to compromise, the catalyst will still be there when all goes back to normal! Good things come to those who wait…

Make your study space your own. By this I mean adding a calendar with your deadlines on it or little post it notes for writing your notes. Even if your study space is your kitchen table and you can’t really turn it into a full blown working desk because people have to eat and play monopoly (duh), take things that you can move around so that it feels more like a desk and I promise you it will make such a difference!

I hope that you found this useful! I know it can be hard for some people to find a place to work from home that ticks all of these boxes but we can only do our best during times like this and your absolute best is always good enough! 

Thank you for reading, Lauren x

“The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.”

Vince Lombardi