Fuelling for a day of assignment writing or studying!

Hey everyone, as we know it’s important that when doing a long day of studying for a test or writing an assignment we know not take our phones out for distraction and to find a quiet place to complete your studying but it is equally as important to fuel for your day ahead!

I like to start this the night before. Making sure that I have got a full night of rest before a long day of assignment writing is crucial for me as I tend to concentrate a lot better than when I have gone to bed quite late due to watching Tik Toks with my housemate…

However, everyone is different and you may thrive off a couple hours sleep and a lot of caffeine but rest is crucial in order to get the most out of your day. 

Sleeping GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

BREAKFAST! Literally my favourite meal of the day, ask anyone. I don’t really like starting my day with an empty stomach so I make sure that I have a good, wholesome bowl of porridge with some banana and peanut butter or switch the porridge for a bagel so that I am fuelled for the next few hours and to help keep me powering through the journal articles. I may also treat myself to a coffee half way through the morning…just as an energy boost.

I always make sure that I bring snacks anywhere that I am studying or writing assignments. This is usually a cereal bar, oat bar or some fruit and nut mix. In my opinion, staying away from highly processed snacks improves concentration as once a sugar rush crashes it can be quite hard to get back into the swing of things. Again, everyone is different and so whatever works for you is fine.

Another important tip for ensuring that you are fuelling your day well is to keep hydrated. I cannot go anywhere without a water bottle so that I can keep refilling it throughout the day or else and try and avoid a headache which always happens when you are dehydrating. 

This is just a small idea of how I like to fuel a day of assignment writing to ensure that I get the best out of my day. Making sure that you are eating the right foods and are drinking water every so often is important for any person and anyone studying or writing assignments.

Hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading and stay safe, Lauren x

“Food is your body’s fuel. Without fuel, your body wants to shut down.”

-Ken Hill-