Tips for Concentration!

Hey everyone, as a lot of people are working from home, studying from home and writing assignments from home I thought I would share some of my tips that I follow in order to help with my concentration. Enjoy!

First and foremost you need to get rid of all distractions! These can be things such as your phone, TV, radio or your pet. This is just to make sure that the space that you are working in is free from anything that may break your concentration. 

Who gets most distracted by cell phones?

I know that I am very sensitive to noise so I need complete silence when I am writing assignments so it is important for me to ensure that anything that may cause a noise or a simple distraction needs to be out of the room. You may work differently and that is fine but I think it is still important to ensure distractions are kept to a minimum. 

However, when I feel like I need to take a ‘semi-break’ from reading or when I am sorting out my notes, I like to listen to some calming, relaxing music. I find that when there is a really soft beat in the background it just calms me down and reduces any stress that wants to bubble up.Some of my favourite playlists are linked below:

This is my favourite playlist at the moment;

Before I start any kind of work whether that be reading for an assignment or writing an assignment it’s important for me to get into the right mindset because usually I just end up sitting thinking about what I will make for lunch. I take 5 minutes before I begin work to do some guided meditation (which can also be found on Spotify or YouTube) to ensure that I have switched my brain off from whatever I was doing prior.

I highly recommend doing this every hour or so when working from home even trying some yoga stretching or going for a walk around the house. I always find that my concentration is better when I take small breaks every, one to two hours.

I hope that found this useful! I know that working from home in any situation can be hard and finding the concentration is even harder but find some ways that you can focus and it won’y seem all that hard anymore.

Thanks for reading, Lauren x 

“When every physical and mental resources is focused, one’s power to solve a problem multiplies tremendously.”

-Peale Quotes-