Typical day in the life of a Primary Education student!

Hey everyone, as I have been back at uni for past week after being on placement for 8 weeks, I thought it would a good idea to give a little insight as to what a typical day in the life of a primary education student looks like. As my timetable varies throughout the week I will try and give you a good idea as to what a typical day looks like.

Hope you enjoy!

Image result for page separator

So, on a Monday and Tuesday, I have my longest days in university which to me is probably for the best as it means that I get the longest days done and dusted and out of the way. Before we get to university my friends and I take a leisurely 25-27 minute walk to get there which is my favourite part about the day…when it actually doesn’t rain.

Once we get there, my friend Jess and I have gotten into the bad habit of stopping by Starbucks before class for a daily caffeine boost but, I have a reusable cup so that makes the spending money on coffee everyday okay…doesn’t it?

Anyway, we then make our way to the Faculty of Education building for a day of lectures and lessons. On a Monday I am in from 9am until 6pm which can sometimes be hard especially when the caffeine starts to disappear but I do have a three hour gap from 1pm to 4pm which means I can get some of my work done before my last class. I don’t have this on a Tuesday as I finish at 4pm and so it means I have a shorter day but still the same amount of lessons.

I prefer to go to the silent study area in the catalyst for my break as I know I won’t get distracted and then will be able to get on with assignments. This also means that when I get home at 6:30pm I won’t have to stress about doing work as I had time in between classes.

Once I get back to the house, depending how much work I either like to go to the gym/walk or cook with my house mates and have a semi-chilled out night in. I find that doing this after a full day of university really helps with my stress and puts me in such a good mood for the next day.

Before I go to sleep, I always make sure to make my lunch, fill my water bottle up, wash my face and the read a couple of chapters just so that I know that I am fully prepared for the morning to do it all over again!

I hope that enjoyed this little insight into a typical day in my life as a primary education student at Edge Hill University. As I said before, this is not how all my days work out as life tends to throw some curve balls but I am lucky to have the support of the university and my friends to keep me sane.

Thanks for reading, Lauren x

“My support system is simple – people and time. The miracle of other people in your life.”

-Kiki Smith-