Why study Primary Education at Edge Hill University?

Hey everyone, I thought I would write a blog about why I think you should study Primary Education at Edge Hill University in three simple points. I hope you enjoy!

1. The Campus

If you haven’t already googled Edge Hill University, then you won’t know that the university is known for its stunning campus. With its water fountains, man-made beach and brand-new Catalyst building, it’s not hard to walk to lectures every day. 

On the Primary Education course, we often get to explore the university campus in all of its glory. For example, in science classes, the tutors often use the greenery around the campus for learning outside the classroom experiences and in other subjects there are opportunities to complete a campus trail. The campus is definitely not wasted on this course.

2. Opportunities

Another thing I love so much about studying the Primary Education course at Edge Hill University is that it offers so many opportunities to expand your learning! We get notified of any workshops that are happening that will benefit us as future teachers or to help us with any lesson ideas for when we go on placement.

Recently I attended a workshop that allowed me to develop my knowledge in engineering, a topic that I would have never been interested in or included in my lessons until I attended. I came out of the workshop with a bank of knowledge and inspiration to push myself out of my comfort zone.

3. The Tutors

First year at university is not easy. At all. The assignments, the timetable, the coursework and Harvard referencing…

I was lucky that I had a lot of support from the education team who helped me prep my first assignment to make it to a university standard and who bridged the gap between high school to university. They really are very helpful, and I never feel nervous to ask them for help as I know I will get it.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is christmas-page-divider-6-2.png

I hope you enjoyed this post and thank you for reading. Now time for an old, personal favourite quote;

“Help will always be given at Hogwarts, Harry, to those who ask for it.”

Albus Dumbledore