Things to do at University around Christmas!

Hey everyone! Since it is the month of December, I thought I would keep to the theme of Christmas again as it is most people’s favourite time of the year. Last year was my first Christmas at university and in my opinion, there is no better place to get into the spirit of the holidays.

Image result for christmas page separators

It goes without saying that you and your flatmates should at least try and attempt a flat Christmas dinner. Even if you can’t cook it is still really fun and festive and a great excuse to get everyone round the table and have some laughs. My flatmates and I (mostly one person in the flat) cooked a Christmas dinner and while we waited, we exchanged secret Santa presents and decorated biscuits with icing. There was Christmas music playing in the background the whole day and everyone genuinely had a great time.

Christmas movie nights are just as essential to starting the festivities. Although this can be hard to find somewhere to watch movies on a big enough screen, it really is worth it. The Arts Centre at Edge Hill University also have free films Fridays and while they might not always be Christmas movies, it is still nice to be able to watch a movie together and for free!

One thing that I wish I did last year as a flat was go to the Christmas markets in Liverpool. Edge Hill University is located so perfectly that you are only a 40-minute train journey to Liverpool city centre that runs regularly. How about organising a day or night that you all get the train together and have a walk around the markets to get into the Christmas spirit?

Getting to and from the train station to the university during the week (Monday – Friday) couldn’t be easier as the Edge Link bus operate from two different points (main entrance and creative edge) of the university to the town every 20 mins! All you need to remember is your student card to get on for free. The bus also runs on a Saturday but not as long as during the week and there are no buses on a Sunday but luckily it is only and 20-minute walk into town from the university.

I hope you enjoyed this brief little run down of how to get into the holiday spirit at Edge Hill University. I really enjoyed my Christmas time last year when I able to spend it with my flatmates and I hope you are able to enjoy your time as well!

Thank you for reading, Lauren x

“The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.”

-Buddy, the elf-