Student Proof Recipes

Many of you may have come to University not knowing how to cook, or even what to cook. You may be having takeouts, which a) cost a lot of money and b) the majority of them are unhealthy. Here’s a few Student proof recipes that I think are super easy, healthy and not very costly.

Chicken Curry

This is probably one of my favourite things to cook. I tend to cook a big batch so I can split it up and freeze a few portions ready to have for a few dinners in the upcoming weeks. All you need is:

• Chicken Breasts/thighs (thighs are cheaper to buy)
  • Chicken stock
  • Curry paste
  • Rice
  • Any vegetables you want: onions, peppers etc.

This is a basic recipe and all you do is cook the chicken with the curry paste, add chicken stock and seasoning and leave to simmer to cook all the way through, whilst cooking some rice in a separate pan. If you’re a vegan or a vegetarian, you can swap the chicken out for chickpeas or tofu.

Pasta Bake

One of the cheats for this is to get the packet seasoning of a chicken bake. You can buy these practically from any supermarket. All you have to do is have the ingredients it says on the packet and follow the instructions. Just make sure you have an oven proof dish and some good melting cheese to go on top of the pasta and sauce.

Chilli Con Carne

Again like the pasta bake, you can get a seasoning packet for this or even a jar of sauce already made. If you’re like me and have quite an array of spices in your cupboard, you could probably make this meal from scratch. For this particular recipe I use, there are a lot of ingredients. However, this makes a big batch so you can freeze the rest of what you don’t eat.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3228/chilli-con-carne

There are loads more recipes that I love to cook from BBC Good Food. I definitely recommend having a look!

Ellis x

Signature for my posts. I end every post with a love heart