Work Organisation Tips

It’s November which means, cosy nights in, hot chocolate, I’m A Celebrity and Christmas is round the corner! Round this time though can be tough for some students because of module deadlines coming up before we break up for Christmas. Here a few organisation tips to keep you work focused, but more importantly, to have time to yourself too round this time of year :).

Keep a Diary

This will honestly be a godsend for you. Having a diary either on you at all times or just in your room helps you keep note of when your deadlines are due, and whether you have anything else going on. With my own diary, I sticky note the pages so I know exactly where my deadlines are. Also I colour code everything too such as: red for spending time with my friends and blue for deadlines etc. I would recommend now getting a 2020 diary and to have it an A5 size so it fits perfectly into your bag or laptop case.

Have a System/Rota

Try coming up with a system that works for you to organise yourself when deadlines are due. Whether this is setting 2/3 days a week where you just concentrate on work or whether you schedule a relax day in for yourself.

To-Do Lists

I’m quite an organised person and constantly see myself writing to-do lists. This can be anything from what I need to get for food to work deadlines. I set my priorities from the top of the list and work my way down with studies as it helps me know what work is due earlier than others.

Keep Calm

Yes, Christmas time can be stressful for students. Mainly because of money and deadlines for modules. However, just remember to keep calm when deadlines are near. Try and concentrate and do what you need to do. Then once you submit the work, you’ll have a weight lifted off your shoulders and Christmas can begin!

If you have any organisation tips of your own, drop them down in the comments!

Ellis x

Signature for my posts. I end every post with a love heart