Budget Tips

Freshers week has come and gone and you might be looking at your bank account and think ‘oh god’. I know the feeling and my friends do too. So here’s a few tips and tricks to try and keep you afloat, at least until the next semester 😉.

Keep track of your money

Try and figure out your weekly budget and then any money you spend during the week, make a note of it. By the end of the week you should be able to total it up and hopefully, you’ll find that you save a little bit of money every week from this.

Overdrafts will be a saviour

Although I don’t have an overdraft myself, i know from my friends at Uni that their overdraft has basically saved them until the next semester. This almost acts as a safety line that if you go into it, it won’t affect your social life. However, try not to go deep into your overdraft as you will have to pay the money back.

Use cash

This is something myself and one of my friends have discovered. Using cash instead of your card makes you know what money you have in your purse. Also, if you’re like me and like to save a little bit of money, get a money jar and any spare change at the end of the week, you can put it in there.

Communal Meals

When I was in halls of residence, my flatmates and I ate some communal meals. This not only helped us all out with a bit of money but, it gave us a chance to sit down together and enjoy each other’s company. I definitely recommend doing this, even if its with your friends that you’ve made.

These are only a few tips on how to budget, but if you have any questions, drop them down below in the comments.

Signature for my posts. I end every post with a love heart

Ellis x