2nd Year – My Goals

As of now, I am a 2nd year student at Edge Hill. I had an amazing first year at this University and my expectations are higher for this year. I’m looking forward to starting my degree again and getting my brain active after it being unproductive throughout the summer. But also, I’m looking forward to moving into my house with 5 of my friends I made throughout first year. However, I have also set myself some goals for this year too.

Firstly, I’ve decided to join trampolining at team Edge Hill. I did want to do it last year, but I figured that I didn’t really know what University would actually be like, so I decided in the end not to do it. Looking back at it, I wish I did start doing trampolining but sometimes you just need to get used to the surroundings rather than trying to do absolutely everything.

I’ve also been considering starting a language at Edge Hill too. When you’re a student, you can choose to do a language as an extra thing outside of your studies. However, with some degree’s you can opt to do a language which will go towards your overall grade. I feel like doing a language will get you better opportunities as its ‘another strong to your bow’ as some people say.

Lastly, I’ve decided to try and get ahead of work more so this year as 2nd year goes towards my overall grade once I’ve completed the degree. Last year, I tried to keep up with the reading but that didn’t really last very long. I know most people don’t like the readings due to them being academic. However, I know the readings are always useful because if you don’t understand it, you can talk to your lecturer and ask them to simplify it for you. Plus, it’s always good to make a few quotes from the readings as you never know what essays are always going to be about.

Signature for my posts. I end every post with a love heart

Ellis x