Welcome Sunday!

Hey guys, so as all of you who have now been accepted into Edge Hill Uni, your move in date is most likely the 15th September. This is also known as Welcome Sunday. This day is all to do with moving your things in so you can get settled before starting your studies at Edge Hill!

When you first pull into the carpark (or walk in if you came by train), you will go straight to enrolment so that academic registry can give you your pass card and keys to your flat. This is a very straight forward process and there are many individuals round campus to help you out so you know where you’re going.

Once you’ve finished with enrolment, you will then start moving all of your belongings from your car/van and take them to your accommodation. Or, as i like to say it, your home for the next year! Again, there will be loads of people round campus there to give you a helping hand. Not only that, but they offer trollies to unload all of your stuff onto as well as a little car which has a cage attached. Although that would be the ideal and easier option, there will be a queue for it so you may have to wait a little while.

As soon as you’ve moved your things into your room, I recommend to start making your bed and putting things in place just so that you don’t have to think about it that much later. This is because you’ll probably want to be around people when your parents go. That’s how I felt anyway as I’m quite far away from home when I go to Edge Hill. However, if you want to spend a little bit more quality time with your parents, there are a few restaurants nearby so you can have some food: The Sandpiper and The Stanley Gate are good choices but, there is also a Wetherspoons in Ormskirk town too for the cheaper option.

I hope this has given you some sort of idea to what Welcome Sunday will be like. If you have any questions, just drop them down below in the comments.

Ellis x

Signature for my posts. I end every post with a love heart