What happens on graduation day!

Hi everyone,

Last week was graduation week at Edge Hill, it was honestly one of the best days of my life and I loved every second of it! However, I was so nervous and didn’t really know what to expect or how amazing it was going to be! So I thought I would let you know how the day went.

My ceremony was at 10:30 am and registration opened 2 hours before the ceremony, I would definitely recommend arriving two hours before your ceremony just so you can enjoy everything that is happening rather than feeling rushed as you need to be sat in the ceremony 45 minutes before it starts.

The first thing to do is collect your cap and gown, the process is really easy all I had to do was enter the business school and there were lots of people there to guide you as well as help putting your robes on and making sure you have the correct hat.

After robe collection it was time to register in the education building, this was super easy you just go the desk that corresponds with your surname and the people on the desk will do the registering for you. Upstairs in the education building was the professional photography area, if you running a bit late there is no worry as you can still go back to them after your ceremony, the photographers are really nice and make you feel at ease!

Then it was on to the ceremony, I was so nervous about walking in front of everybody but its fine! The ceremony was really enjoyable and there was some really motivational speeches and I felt so proud of myself and my friends for getting our degrees and I was so happy!

After the ceremony we took lots of photos by the lake outside of the health building and we were so lucky as the weather was amazing, there was a reception in the hub where there was lots of complimentary food and drink which we were so happy about as we were all so hungry! There were also lots of stalls in the hub where you could sign up the alumni service Edge Hill offers as well as the students union merchandise stand where I bought a keyring and a graduate t shirt! After this, my department threw a little party for us which was so nice!

Once we had finished I went for a lovely meal with my family! My graduation day was amazing and I wish I could do it all over again!

Ellie x