Student Application Tips

Writing a Student application for UCAS can be difficult, especially when you don’t really know what to write. These are some of the things I looked out for when I wrote my application to get into Edge Hill University.

Grade Boundaries:

You will need to prepare yourself for the grades that the University of your choice wants for students to get in order to even be considered for their course. Try and aim to get these grades if you can. However, in specific circumstances, if the grades aren’t necessarily there, the University will still consider your application based on who you are as a person and your commitment to that particular subject.

References

Have references you know you can rely on. This can be anyone from teachers to work experience placement (if you had one). These references will not only back you up as a person but, they will give the University an insight into your work ethic.

Personal Statement

This is the quote I used at the start of my application. Spielberg is one of my inspirations.

Did you know it takes around 10 seconds for the person reading your personal statement to decide whether they should consider you? This is probably the most important bit of information as you can add in your interests, passion and commitment to the study you want to go into. As well as explaining your interest to study at that University. The only thing you should be mindful of is that your personal statement will go to all of your top 5 Universities on your UCAS application. So try not to tale it to one specific Uni (even though you may have one in mind).

Commitment

This ties into your personal statement but, show your commitment to the course. Whether that’s creating a portfolio of your work or doing something outside of school/college related to the subject. This will work in your favour to get your top 1 University. When I applied for Edge Hill, I had a portfolio on hand and showreel of all of the films and scripts I had previously worked on.

I hope some of these tips have helped those of you that may be struggling with your application. Majority of people have been through this before so if you need anymore advice, I’d be more than happy to help! Just drop a comment down below ☺️.

Ellis x

Signature for my posts. I end every post with a love heart