Packing for University – Three things you need for Edge Hill Halls

Packing for University can be daunting at the best of times, if you havn’t been away from home before it can be even scarier. Breaking things down into what you need and what you don’t can really help you get your mind straight and put you on the right track to taking what you need to University and not just everything that will fit in the car with you. In this blog I want to talk about my top three things that you should bring with you to Edge Hill University.

Bedding

Top of my list for a few reasons, not least of all the fact that it can make your room really feel like home. Bedding is important to bring for many reasons. Having a few spare pairs while you are washing one is great. Keeping your bed feeling comfy is another and I have said, it makes everything feel like home.

Something for the walls

Having bare walls can make a room feel empty, but using your new room as a way to express yourself can make everything feel calmer when you are stressed from all that is going on around you. Its important to follow University rules regarding sticking things to the walls, no nails!

The kitchen, just not the sink

Taking kitchenware with you is also very important. You might over look this. Pots, pans and cutlery. All important and should be taken with you for cooking and day to day living. Trust me, I didn’t bring a cup with me on my first day, you need those to get a drink!

That’s everything for this weeks blog, stay tuned for more about moving to Edge Hill in the future.

If you want more free and great advice email think@edgehill.ac.uk or leave a comment below and I will get back to you. If you want to suggest something to write about or want to be interviewed leave a comment below also and I will get back to you personally!