Preparing for results day

With August and results day fast approaching I thought I would share a post about preparing yourself for the day of madness. Now when it comes to results day there can be a lot of different emotions that run around friends and just in your head, but you have to remember if you are going to university then these results are just the stepping stone to get you there, once you’ve got your degree it is highly unlikely that anyone (i.e. an employee) is going to ask you what grade you got in your A-Level Biology. So as much as these results are important to you at the moment, in 3-4 years time they will be less important because you will have a degree on top of it.

Try and make the day a positive one for everyone and a day to look forward to rather than something you don’t want to come. Make plans with friends and family to celebrate your achievements. Whether you go out for lunch with your family or meet up with your friends to share your achievements, organise the day as something you can look forward to, as this will help you focus on the good part rather than focusing on what could be with your results.

Lastly try and make yourself busy leading up to results day, I know for my results I was constantly thinking what if… But I think if I’d kept myself busy the week before results I would have stressed a lot less. Also it is good to talk to others that took the same exams as you, if you are getting stressed about your results it is highly likely that they are getting nervous too. So try not to worry as you lead up to your results, you’ve done all the hard work now so what will be will be. And Good Luck!