Getting Your Results

Hi everyone, if you have already got your results and been accepted then congratulations and good on you. For those still waiting I think it’s just A-Level people at this point I want to give a few ideas of what to expect and how to move forward once you receive your grades,

Waiting for results day can be an annoying time, you google what’s going to happen, you talk with people about what they think they will get, you imagine how you will feel if you do well and also if you don’t do so well. Basically you might overthink it a bit but that’s fine, it’s what almost every student does. The important thing is to be ready for any outcome and this is best done by researching other options before the day in case you do worse or even better than expected.

You might have settled for your insurance and just been accepted for your firm, now what? If you research both your university choices well before the day you will know exactly what your choosing between rather than having to look up things like ‘what kind of accommodation is available’? Alternatively you may not get the grades you wanted and now you don’t know what to do. Take it from someone who messed up their AS levels big time, it is not the end of the world! There are other options available to you, maybe your insurance choice uni will end up being brilliant, or this might be the wake up call you need to change what or where your studying. For me after not doing well in my A levels, I realised straight away going that route was never going to be the way forward for me, so I took the plunge and dropped out from school and went to my local college instead to do a BTEC in ‘Creative Media Production’ and those two years turned out to be two of the best, I got into Edge Hill with more practical skills I could apply to my degree and even a high achievers scholarship to boot.

Personal life story aside, results day is an important day but it’s also not judgement day either, just try to take it in your stride and know that whatever results you achieve there’s always options available to you.

Jordan