Making the Most of Summer!

It’s the middle of summer now and most of you are probably getting ready for University. With all this preparation in mind, you need to take time out to relax and enjoy your summer before the lectures and seminars come around. I thought I’d share want I’ve been currently doing this summer.

As soon as I came back from University, I did my rounds visiting my family and friends, meeting up with them in coffee shops, going out for meals etc. I have non-stop been spending time with my friends as the majority of them are also at University too. So it’s hard to meet up in person, but we definitely try our best. One of our favourite things to do is to go on a drive and pick up a Starbucks along the way. Cliché I know…

I’ve been travelling quite a bit to see my boyfriend who is up near Edge Hill. As I live in MK, we made a plan that we would visit each other for a few days every 2 weeks, and the rest of the time, we keep in contact and face time when we can. Yes, it means 3 hours of train travel, which can be a bit of a pain, however, its definitely worth it going up to see him as we love the time we do spend together.

I also work part-time at a museum back in MK when I come home. It’s a good idea to try and get a seasonal job so that you are able to earn some money whilst you’re not studying at University. In my case, its money to put towards fuel and train tickets, in addition to the odd mugs of coffee I get when I see my friends.

Unfortunately, going on holiday isn’t on the cards for me this year during the summer. Although I would love to, the people that I would want to go with are all busy but, I am going to Cornwall just before I head back to Edge Hill in September. It will be nice to be able to get away and chill out for a few days, even though it isn’t abroad.

Let me know what you’ve got up to this summer!

Ellis x

Love heart signature

One Reply to “Making the Most of Summer!”