If I were to go back to this time last year…

Hello everyone, I thought seeing as now I have finished my first year and had time to reflect on the last year I would share with you a few few things I wish I had done to make my year even better than it was. I was very lucky and really enjoyed my first year and all the opportunities that came along with it but if I were to go back to this time last year there are a few things I would’ve told myself.

1. Make the most of freshers week- I wasn’t hugely into the going out and drinking in freshers but there were so many other things that I could’ve gone and done and wish I had. Along with this I would also tell myself that the going out is also really good and a great way to break the ice with your flatmates so just go and say yes because you won’t get another experience quite like it. 
  2. Following on from this I would tell myself to say yes to more things and more opportunities. For example I wish I had joined more societies at the start and just given them a try because it is always good to try something new. I contemplated so many things but just decided not to because I didn’t want to overload myself.
  3. Live in the moment- I was always focusing on home particularly in the first semester and it made me quite homesick, but when it got to the second semester I did a lot more and absolutely loved being at uni because I wasn’t constantly thinking about home. 
  4. And finally and most importantly I would tell myself to do some work over the summer, do the summer reading that is recommended because it really will set you off to a good start.

So those are a few things that I wish I had done and I would recommend to you, I hope you are all enjoying your summer. Only 9 weeks till term starts again, hope you are all getting excited.