Taking a break – Getting excited all over again

Taking a break

Getting excited about things is great. When you are really involved and love what you are doing the job almost seems to do itself. Except that might not last. Eventually the novelty can ware off. In this blog I want to talk about three ways to get yourself reinvigorated and above all excited to start on whatever you might be doing. It could be a job, or even your future.

Take a break

Alright this is the biggest, and simplest. Taking a break from what your are doing is probably the best way to realise why you enjoyed doing it in the first place. Recently I took a break from writing blogs. It was nice to break my routine. But coming back now to write this made me remember that I really enjoy sharing experiences and writing in the first place. So, take a break and regroup even if its just with yourself.

Break up the routine

As I mentioned above, taking a break can really help. But if you can’t do that then maybe its time to change how you work, and shake up your routine for the better. Maybe try doing more at once, and use the flow to propel what you are doing forward. Take a look at how you work, and change it up. Even if you move something as simple as the day you do your work can make a difference.

Consider a change

This is pretty drastic, but making a big change can be the only way to find a way to break the monotony of anything you are doing. Take everything into consideration and figure out for yourself if you need a break or if you truly are sick of what you are doing and need to make a change.

If you want more free and great advice email think@edgehill.ac.uk or leave a comment below and I will get back to you. If you want to suggest something to write about or want to be interviewed leave a comment below also and I will get back to you personally!